Saturday 26 March 2016

THE ESCAPE

Growing up, we are all taught to deal with the problem. Face the issue. 

I, on the other hand, liked to escape. Every time there would be a situation that needed to be dealt with, I simply escaped. Turned around and walked the hell away from it. Problems that were more complicated than miscommunications. Problems that needed more than just a sorry. Problems that had ruined much more than it should have. I walked away. Simply walked away.

Maybe the problems solved them? Or you know, become a little less complicated? Maybe, I just needed a break. So I would find a place to escape them. A day out with my friends, a vacation, or maybe even days alone at home with loud music and comfort food.


But here is the part, the part which I absolutely detest. Coming back from your escape. When I am compelled to come back to the real world, I wonder sometimes, has the problem reduced or increased or has it remained the way it was? 

When you escape the problem, you go into a relaxed mode. But obviously, thats temporary. It is like a dream you know when you have to eventually wake up. Sucks! I know. Running away sounds like a great option. Trust me. But, the problem is still there when you wake up. The force of the storm may or may not have calmed. So, your mind has to now face the wrath of the problem after it has finally learnt how to relax.

So! What should you do? Solve the problem and then take the escape? Sure. But, hasn't your problem drained you out to an extent where even the best escape isn't good enough. What if there is no end? What if, the more you try to solve the problem, the more complicated it gets? 

The real question is, is the "Escape" really so bad after all?